Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

September 16, 2012

Where does the time go?!

I can't believe it is mid-September already! Where has this year gone?
I've had a bit of  a play with a configurations box

I'm not really sure it's finished, but I've been looking at it for a week now and I can't think of what else to do with it so it's done for now!

I used some music manuscript tissues I found on a shopping trip to cover the outside of the box and painted the whole thing with Hey Pesto fresco finish with some French Roast dry brushed on top, then started adding various bits and pieces.  The flowers are made with t!m's tattered pinecone die and the music notes are from a Maya Road key ring painted with Pumpkin Soup fresco finish and stamped with a music stamp.  The ballerina is from the Artistic Stamper plate by Sioux Jenny's and the jazz band is a Graphic 45 stamp.

So, being stumped with what else to do with the box I decided to play with a tag instead
I painted the tag with Vintage Lace fresco finish then a thin coat of London night and some Pansy dry brushed over the top, then I stamped a Paperartsy text stamp with Dusty Concord DI then made a mistake so I mixed some Vintage Lace and London Night with lots of glazing medium and painted that all over the stamped again with Jet Black archival but that was too much so I faded that out with some more of the glaze.  The bird and grass are Paperartsy again, and then I pushed some Viva Ferro through some crafters workshop templates - blackberry for the birdcage and branch and iron for the butterflies.

What the heck is wrong with Blogger today? It keeps turning my pics sideways when uploading so I am having to rotate them myself before uploading so they come out up the right way!!

Hope you are all making the most of the gorgeous weekend before summer goes away.


4 comments:

Helen said...

Hi - maybe that's why blogger won't let me see the first picture at all... thanks for stopping by my blog earlier, hope you are ok. Going to Ally Pally next week?

Carmen said...

I can see all your pictures fine Kay. the box is gorgeous.

Nope - I have no idea where the year has gone either! But it's lovely to see a post from you pop up :)

Minxy said...

yep the months sure are flying by, love your config box xx

donnalouiserodgers said...

KAY

how have I been missing your blogs?

I was SOOO (unnecessarily) worried,

love your dancing configuration box

dxxx