Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

September 30, 2012

Mixed Media Madness

I had a very boring plain brown box I intended to use as a gift box but first I needed to pretty it up a bit



I gave it a couple of coats of claret fresco finish then applied crackle glaze followed by vintage lace fresco finish. The box itself had slight ridges, almost like corrugated cardboard, so that added some interesting texture as well.



I stamped the Paperartsy birds in the grass stamp around the sides, then mixed some texture paste with some of the claret paint and pushed that through a crafters workshop template on the lid and around the sides. When that was dry I mixed some hey pesto fresco finish into some more texture paste and pushed that through the grass part of the template on the lid. A bit of washi tape around the lid and I was done.

Thanks for looking.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Helen said...

Either that is a smaller box than it looks or you used a whole ton of paint! I love it - it looks fantastic.. Have you seen JoFY's new stamps for Paperartsy (announced today) ...oh my!!!

Carmen said...

This is so pretty. I've never had much luck with crackle glaze - I think I may have used to much or done something wrong because everything flaked back off again. Yours is just lovely.

Thanks for stopping by mine - fab to see you online again :D