Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

January 08, 2011

It's Winter, OK?!!

So, I had an idea to make a set of canvases for the four seasons.  The first would be winter, as that is the season we are in now.  Here is the first one:

I think of blues and white when I think of winter, so I blended in various shades of blue acrylic paint for the background and then used a stencil and some white paint in the corners.  I then went over the whole thing with some white mica spray to give it sort of "frosty" sparkle.  As Christmas comes in winter I used the fronts of the cards I made for DDs, plus some snow flakes and a few other wintery and christmasy bits and pieces.  The title is a tag covered in TSS metal and put through the 'bug.  I cut out the three winter months from t!ms Lost and Found stack and stuck those in the bottom corner.  I edged the whole thing with tissue tape (mainly to hide the messy edges!)
When I showed it to my DDs they said "Oh, it's a Christmas decoration".  Ummm... NO!! It's WINTER, not Christmas.  Just because it has some Christmas stuff on it, doesn't make it a Christmas decoration!
Anyway, hope everyone has got through the first week of 2011 safely.  First week back at work for me :(

8 comments:

Tracy Evans said...

Great canvas, good idea doing one for all the seasons. I always think of icy blue colours for Winter, perfect colour scheme. All the elements look great on your Winter canvas, Tracy x

Helen said...

I think this is great - definately says winter to me. I am looking forward to your spring version. I am back at work too worse luck - I was quite enjoying my lie-ins and "do anything I want" time!

donnalouiserodgers said...

Tis winter

(in the uK)

and it's beautiful

love King Green Bottle too -

and this is exactly why people like you and me need to be kept in full time employment,

the devil makes work for idle hands....

happy new Year Kay,
Dxx

Nicks said...

great stuff, looking forward to seeing the other seasons evolve x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Great canvas Kay :-) I look forward to seeing the others when they're done too.
One of the presenters on C+C last week said something similar regarding a Cricut cartridge, think he was looking at a snowflake and said 'it can be used for Christmas'!! It iritated me :-/
Anne xx

Unknown said...

its gorjuss, just what i think winter is gonna look like as well xx

Carmen said...

What a great idea :D I can't wait to see your Spring and Autumnal ones - my favourite seasons.

thekathrynwheel said...

Hi Kay. Welcome to the calendar challenge for 2011 - delighted to have you on board. Look forward to seeing your creations :-)