Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

May 14, 2010

Two challenges in one

Still on the theme of Tin Pan Alley this is my second entry for the Alter it Monthly challenge for May.  I think it might also qualify for Hel's Sunday Stamper challenge this week which is We Are Golden.
I went over a small tin with a selection of alcohol inks on a felt applicator.  I used wild plum, raisin and caramel.  Once that was dry I rubbed some Antique Gold stickles all over (see, Gold!).  I inked a tiny grungeboard heart with Nick Bantock Damson Plum ink (love that colour), then triple embossed it adding some gold pigment powder to the final layer and stamped into it with a text stamp (more Gold).  I then gold embossed a grungeboard heart (yet more Gold).




I covered the inside with wild plum alcohol ink, then lined it with some K&Co verbena paper that I stamped with a Wendy Vecchi scroll stamp.  I stuck a Crafty Individuals image into the lid, then took a Maya Road chipboard flower, inked it with the Nick Bantock damson plum and triple embossed.  I stamped it with a text stamp on the last layer then rubbed in some gold wax once it was cool (and more Gold).  The Wendy Vecchi small butterfly was stamped onto grungepaper, cut out and then coloured with the Nick Bantock ink.  I used some purpley seed beads for the body and stuck gems on the antennae (or however you spell them).  I used some UTEE inside the base with some purple micro beads and gold mica flakes (there's the Gold again) and stuck a Prima pebble in that matched the colours.
So, Gold and a tin, I think that qualifies for both challenges :) 
Happy Friday..... only 7 more sleeps to Artsy Crafts :)))

8 comments:

Helen said...

Kay, this is lovely! I particularly love the inside. Not at all jealous that you're going to Artsycraft next week (much!)
Maybe I'll make the next one!

Carmen said...

This is gorgeous.I love the colours on the outside and the inside has so much to look at :)

Hels Sheridan said...

Gorgeous tin Kay, thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper hun x

Moira said...

Oooh, all pretty and lovely I like it

flutterbycrafter said...

I love altering tins and this is stunning

Zuzu's Blog said...

Very pretty.. nice job. Thanks again for supporting the site by taking part and trying out the themes.

Gillian .... said...

Thank you for joining in this months challenge with this lovely piece.

Ginger said...

A very pretty tin. I love the colours you have used.Thank you for joining us this month on Alter it monthly.