Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I love comments if you feel like making one, or you could email me at kay.accessatgmaildotcom

January 03, 2010

First week for 52 in 10

I mentioned in my last post that I had signed up for Scrapdolly's 52 in 10 project.  Basically, Scrapdolly is turning 50 this year and wanted to mark the year with a project about her with prompts each week for the whole year (hence 52 in 10).  As I am 50 and a half (my birthday is in June) and as I haven't really done anything about marking the half century other than think about it, I decided to join in. 
I decided (or at least, I intend, although my 
intentions tend to change quite a lot) to make this a sort of art journal type thing, although I have never done an art journal before so this is more my interpretation of what I think an art journal is.  Anyway, I made a front and back cover from some heavy duty black chipboard cut to just over A4 size, and am using A4 card as the pages.  For the front cover I slapped on some gesso, stuck on some book pages with gel medium then added some distress inks in Old Paper, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint and Tattered Rose over a Timeworks mask, then used printed images and stamps that seemed appropriate.  The tiny picture of me as a baby (next to the 50 on the image of the LO) is an image transfer.  I'm quite proud of how it turned out!


On the inside of the cover I used some text paper and just did a bit of an intro on some inked card, plus stuck Scrapdolly's pretty logo in again.
The first official prompt went live today and was to journal about the last decade from 2000 to 2010.  I also wrote about that in my last post, so I was already thinking about this anyway.  As such a lot had happened there wasn't much room for anything but journalling on the page:



I used some more of the text paper from the intro page to edge the cardstock then inked the page with Antique Linen and Old Paper, added some numbers then just wrote.  I added some butterflies from a Paperartsy stamp once I had finished as they seemed appropriate.  Can't wait for next weeks promt!

2 comments:

Helen said...

Well, you've had a decade of it! Good luck with your 52 in 10 challenge, I hope you keep it up.

Carmen said...

I can see this challenge is going to be good for you Kay. Thank you for sharing that page with us, it puts moping about with cold into perspective.

I look forward to seeing this book come together.